Saturday, July 14, 2012

St. Jude Warrior Dash

I did another 5k a few weeks ago. It was the Warrior Dash Minnesota that sponsors St. Jude Hospital. A few of my family members did it last year and seemed to have a lot of fun with it. I signed up to do it this year with my mom. Because its 2012, the race was made up of 12 obstacles ranging from mud pits, and barbed wire to rope climbs and  balance beams.

My mom and I ran at noon and luckily it wasn't too hot. Everyone was super nice, but the race was VERY difficult. It was not only a 3.2 mile course, but it had these crazy hills in the course which made it even more difficult.

The race had two different locations where they took pictures, and a couple water stations, and after the race you received a metal, tshirt and a warrior hat. Pretty legit for the heavy cost of 75 dollars per person. After the race you are engulfed in a huge celebration with a DJ and music people, a bunch of competitions, showers, food and of course... BEER!

I had to work that night, so my mom and I pretty much had to leave right away. We took some time to use the "shower" which was some high intensity fire hoses then jumped in line to get to the buses to get shuttled to our cars.

Like I told many people, it is a race I just had to do, but I would never really need to go do it again to prove something. I am and always will be a WARRIOR!

Live Confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!